Connect to Success Mentorship Program
Mentoring program for women
Find a mentor and move your career in the right direction. This free mentoring program for women in Vancouver helps find female mentors for mentees, unemployed women aged 19 and over who are entering or re-entering professional or skilled careers. Mentees come from a variety of backgrounds. They are women who are starting their careers, returning to the workforce or newly entering the Canadian job market.
Connect to Success brings hope to unemployed mom
As a stay-at-home mom for the past ten years, Arezou quickly realized that returning to the field of medical research would not be easy. Read more.
Photo coming soon.
Mentorship feels right
A year ago, Courtney Briggs found herself looking for work and eager to gain career direction. As a recent graduate of the UBC Sauder School of Business, she quickly experienced firsthand the hard reality of today’s labour market. Read more.
Join this mentoring program and you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with a female mentor for six months and build a one-to-one career-based relationship
- Participate in workshops focusing on personal and career development
- Receive group mentorship through networking opportunities
- Participate in peer mentorship through small group opportunities
- Get referrals for additional career and community resources
Our mentors are professional women who are successful in their careers and able to share their experience with a mentee. Mentors come from a wide range of careers including business, health care, science, arts, technology and trades. Learn how to become a mentor.
Mentee intake is now open. Please contact us for additional information or to register for the next information session.
Eligibility Criteria for Mentees
- Women aged 19 and over
- Seeking employment in professional or skilled careers
- Job ready with industry standard education and training
- Unemployed and non-EI:
- not currently collecting Employment Insurance (EI)
- have not collected regular EI benefits in the past three years
- have not collected maternity EI benefits in the past five years
- Legally eligible to work in Canada (no temporary work permits or SIN # starting with "9")
- Actively job searching or ready to begin job searching
- Keen, motivated and open to learning from a mentor
- Able to make a six-month commitment
Check out this step-by-step guide to help you overcome shaky knees, shyness and networking fears. Download the free networking guide (5.5 MB).
For more information please contact:
535 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2E8
tel 604 895 5858
Office Hours: Monday–Thursday 9:00–5:00pm
Funding provided through the Canada-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement