Connect to Success Mentorship Program
Mentoring program for women
Mentee intake is now open. Please contact us at 604 895 5857 or email@example.com for more information.
Jump-start your career with the power of mentorship. This free mentoring program for women in Vancouver connects professional female mentors with unemployed women aged 19 and over who are entering or re-entering professional or skilled careers. Mentees come from a variety of backgrounds. They are women who are starting their careers, returning to the workforce or newly entering the Canadian job market.
Joan and Dianne
With Joan to guide her, Dianne turned her career around. A successful entrepreneur and business leader, Joan brings a wealth of experience to the Connect to Success mentorship program. Read more.
Marleine and Nicole
As a newcomer to the Vancouver job market, Marleine was looking for social and career networks and wanted to land a job in computer software development. Her mentor Nicole supported her career development in many ways. Read more.
Mentorship feels right
A year ago, Courtney Briggs found herself looking for work and eager to gain career direction. As a recent graduate of the UBC Sauder School of Business, she quickly experienced firsthand the hard reality of today’s labour market. Read more.
Connect to Success brings hope to unemployed mom
As a stay-at-home mom for the past ten years, Arezou quickly realized that returning to the field of medical research would not be easy. Read more.
Connect to Success gives you the opportunity to:
- Connect with a female mentor for six months and build a one-to-one career-based relationship
- Participate in workshops focusing on personal and career development
- Receive group mentorship through networking opportunities
- Participate in peer mentorship through small group opportunities
- Get referrals for additional career and community resources
Our mentors are professional women who are successful in their careers and able to share their experience with a mentee. Mentors come from a wide range of careers including business, health care, science, arts, technology and trades. Learn how to become a mentor.
Mentee intake is now open. Mentees must meet all eligibility criteria listed below. Please contact us at 604 895 5857 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Eligibility Criteria for Mentees
- Women aged 19 and over
- Seeking employment in professional or skilled careers
- Job ready with industry standard education and training
- Unemployed and non-EI:
- not currently collecting Employment Insurance (EI)
- have not collected regular EI benefits in the past three years
- have not collected maternity EI benefits in the past five years
- Legally eligible to work in Canada (no temporary work permits or SIN # starting with "9")
- Actively job searching or ready to begin job searching
- Keen, motivated and open to learning from a mentor
- Able to make a six-month commitment
Check out this step-by-step guide to help you overcome shaky knees, shyness and networking fears. Download the free networking guide (5.5 MB).
For more information please contact:
tel 604 895 5857
Office hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:00pm
Funding is provided in large part by the Canadian-British Columbia Labour Market Agreement through the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training
with support from Vancity