Connect to Success
Jump-start your career with the power of mentorship. This free mentoring program for women in Vancouver connects professional female mentors with unemployed women aged 19 or older who are entering or re-entering professional or skilled careers (mentees).
Connect to Success gives you the opportunity to:
- Connect with a female mentor for six months and build a one-to-one career-based relationship
- Participate in workshops focusing on personal and career development
- Network with other professional women
- Participate in peer mentorship through small group opportunities
- Get referrals for additional career and community resources
Mentees come from a variety of backgrounds. They are women who are starting their careers, returning to the workforce or newly entering the Canadian job market.
Eligibility criteria for mentees
- Women aged 19 or older
- Seeking employment in professional or skilled careers
- Job-ready with industry-standard education and training
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (no temporary work permits or SIN # starting with "9")
- Actively job-searching or ready to begin job-searching
- Able to make a six-month commitment
- Unemployed and non-EI:
- not currently collecting Employment Insurance (EI)
- have not collected regular EI benefits in the past three years
- have not collected maternity EI benefits in the past five years
Our mentors are professional, successful women who are able to share their experiences with a mentee. Mentors come from a wide range of careers including business, health care, science, arts, technology and the trades.
Mentee intake is now closed. For more information on other community resources and programs contact program staff.
For more information, contact:
tel 604 895 5857