Individual and group support
Our services for single mothers connect you to the resources and support you need to move forward.
Get the assistance you need as a single mom:
Our family resource workers provide information, advocacy, referrals and individual support to single moms in the Metro Vancouver and Abbotsford areas, including:
- Housing information
- Parenting resources
- Legal/financial information and referrals
- Resources for women who have experienced violence or abuse in a current or past relationship
- Employment and education resources
- Form completion
To speak with a family resource worker, please contact
tel 604 895 5849
tel 604 619 5276
Single mothers' support groups
Weekly group meetings connect single moms in the community for peer support, resources and information. Together with other single moms, you can access the companionship and community so important to shaping your happiness and success.
Groups serve women of all ages and from all backgrounds and are based on the belief that every woman knows what she needs to achieve her goals—she just needs the opportunity to discover her potential.
Membership in any group is not limited to where you live.
*Please note: our single mothers’ support groups are NOT drop-in programs - you must register and attend regularly.
- Downtown Eastside - YWCA Crabtree Corner
- Riley Park - Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
- West End - Gordon Neighbourhood House
- Kitsilano - St. James Community Square
- Marpole - Marpole Place
- Sunset - South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- East Vancouver - Collingwood Neighbourhood House
- Downtown Vancouver - YWCA Program Centre
- Historic Downtown - Abbotsford Community Services
- Aldergrove Neighbourhood Services
- Metrotown - Burnaby Family Life
- North Burnaby Learning Centre
Maple Ridge Group
- Near Haney Place Mall - Family Education and Support Centre
- Newton - Sources Newton Resource Centre
- South Surrey - Sources Women’s Place
- Lougheed & Shaughnessy - Tri-Cities East Neighbourhood Centre
Programs in Abbotsford, Aldergrove, Maple Ridge, Surrey and the Tri-Cities are fully funded by a unique partnership among Coast Capital Savings, Envision Financial and Vancity credit unions. Vancouver programs are partially funded by the City of Vancouver.
To join a Single Mothers’ Support Group, contact
YWCA Single Mothers’ Support Services
tel 604 895 5849
toll free 1 855 895 9922 (outside Metro Vancouver)